Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 2013 Reading

I finished Amy Jo Martin's Renegades Write the Rules. I learned two things from it: 1) Twitter can become one of your communities 2) You can give someone a chance to engage, but they often don't. See pp. 149-151. In my case, a business I felt did not fulfill its contract with me did not follow through.

I'm reading Sir Terry Pratchett's Dodger, about a Victorian England street kid who becomes involved in something much bigger than his usual activities. The writing is splendid - just carries you along - such a pleasure to read good writing! And he meets Charles Dickens in the first few pages! I recommend it! BTW, I love Sir Terry's eyebrows; may he rest in peace.

Side note: so many friends, relatives have passed away in the last several months. A longtime family friend and a fellow librarian at the end of last year. My aunt early this year. Some lived a good long life, others an unexpectedly shortened one.

Have you lost anyone special? What are you reading?


No comments:

Post a Comment