Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Not about books! Favorite Bath Washes

When it comes to fragrance, I often enjoy it more in the shower instead of in the forms of eau de toilette, eau de parfum, lotion or cream. I'm not a fan of soap - bars that melt in the shower, no thanks. My skin is really dry, and I prefer body washes that come in flip-top bottles. If you like girly florals, these aren't for you, but here are two of my current faves:

Nuance Salma Hayek Prickly Pear Hydrating Body Cleansing Gel. Phew, that's a long name! I have that bottle next to my laptop right now, as I need to refer to it. The wording on this gel says it's non-irritating, not tested on animals, paraben and sulfate-free. Allergy-free? Hmm. With passion fruit, rice bran oil and aloe - these ingredients are about halfway down.

How does it smell? Clean, green, faintly fruity. It has a unique texture - clumps of aloe-like gel that work up to a moderate amount of lather. A pleasure to shower with, and affordable at 10 ounces, about $6 on sale at CVS. I like it so much, I bought a second bottle!

Tocca Cleopatra Body Wash with olive oil, honey and calendula. The top notes are grapefruit and cucumber (which is really faint to me) and also a bit of floral. The texture of this is really thin, but a little goes a long way.

If you don't like the remains of a slick on your skin, you won't like this - I love it! And after rinsing, the fragrance remains. Pricey at 8 ounces for $18, but you're worth it! Available at Sephora. It's luxurious, it's from Italy! If you really want to spoil yourself, get the body cream - so yummy. Tip: the EDP smells different.

What do you like to clean up with? Bubble bath? Ivory soap?

No comments:

Post a Comment