Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mercedes drivers have it in for us

I almost didn't make it to the open market this past Monday. I walk the 4 blocks with a backpack slung over my shoulder. With any vegetable luck, it's full of green and colorful goodness when I make my way back, wheeling it.

My usual route takes me down my street, 2 blocks down the main drag, then one long block to the lower parking lot of the park. As I crossed the driveway that morning, TWO Mercedes were impatiently trying to exit when suddenly, another attempted to enter. It was a standoff. And I was in their way.

There is precedent for this. Two years ago, DH was on his way to the Stinky Place - which is what I call the cigar shop where he spends some time - when he had a rude surprise. He was headed south down Punchbowl Street in the center lane when the Mercedes driver to his right decided she wanted to be in HIS lane - IN THE INTERSECTION.

She scraped the side of our Nissan Altima, but luckily, DH was OK. And unlucky for her, 5-0 - Honolulu Police - was the car to the left of DH.

Isn't timing EVERYTHING? He saw it all.

Poor DH had a lovely time explaining this to his insurance company as well as hers, making sure to mention they should corroborate it all with the patrolman. Yes, she claimed DH "Sped into her!" Well, there was $5K worth of damage to the Nissan, and apparently almost twice as much to the Mercedes.

They may look innocent, but we keep an eye on them, as Mercedes are known to have it in for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment